You want to keep your family healthy by making sure they are only drinking safe water. To ensure the water coming out of your plumbing system is pure, call Solaris Electric & Plumbing to have a water filtration system installed or repaired in your Orlando, FL house, or property. A family-owned company, we guarantee 100% satisfaction with every job!
Avoid hard water in your home with a water softener installation by one of our plumbing specialists. Contact us to schedule your next service!
Types of Water Filtration Systems
You want to select the water filtration system that is best suited for your household. Some of the options you can select from include:
- Charcoal filters: A common filter, these are one of the most cost-effective models.
- Sediment filters: This type of unit is good for filtering well water.
- Water distillers: These filters use energy to remove Cryptosporidium and other minerals.
- Reverse osmosis: These remove Cryptosporidium and minerals to create bottle-quality water.
- Alkaline water ionizers: This type adds a milli-volt charge to water and minerals, and shifts the pH level.
- Ultraviolet water filters: These are good for destroying germs.
- Magnetic water filters: These reshape water minerals with magnets.
- Infrared water filters: This type passively reshapes the water structure.
- Catalytic systems: These use resin bead coatings to target specific toxins in the water.
Required Maintenance on Filtration Systems
To ensure your whole-house water filtration system works properly, it’s important to keep it properly maintained. Depending on the type of system you own, some potential tasks you should perform on your unit include:
- Replace the carbon filter as needed.
- Clean and replace the membrane in a reverse osmosis system. The pump may also require service from time to time.
- Clean the components in a water distillation filter.
- Replace the bulbs in an ultraviolet water filter.
Do you need a new sink or faucet installed in your kitchen? Learn about our kitchen plumbing services.
Common Problems With Water Filtration Systems
From time to time, your whole-house water filtration system may encounter problems that will need to be addressed. Some common issues in various types of systems can include:
- Carbon filtration system: The unit may malfunction if the filters are not changed regularly.
- Reverse osmosis system: The pump can suffer issues that can affect your water pressure. If it starts to malfunction, have it inspected by a plumber to determine if it can be repaired.
- Water distillation: This unit may take longer than other types of systems to filter the water.
If you experience any issues with your water filtration system, call Solaris Electric & Plumbing to have our professionals inspect your system.