There are some situations that require immediate attention from a licensed electrician or electrical contractor. Even in newer homes, and with routine maintenance, you can encounter issues that can seemingly pop out of nowhere. Electrical problems are one property issue you definitely don’t want to tackle on your own. By working with our experienced 24-hour Orlando electricians at Solaris Electric & Plumbing, you can be sure that you and your home will be kept safe.
Installing a whole-house surge protector can protect your home and appliances from damage. If you’re not sure if you have one in your home, give us a call!
Common Electrical Emergencies
Not only is your electrical system the most complicated part of your home, but it can also be the most dangerous area to work on, especially without prior experience or knowledge. Electrical problems such as exposed wiring or overheating outlets can quickly lead to serious injury. They can also lead to property damage and fire.
Electrical issues are one of the top causes of residential fires, so extra care must be taken when working on any aspect of your electric system.
- Power Surge During a Storm
- Electric Meter No Longer Connected to Your House
- Water in Your Breaker Panel
- Rust on Your Circuit Breaker
- Fuse Box Related Issues
- Damage from an Electrical Fire
The best way to protect your home from power outages is with a whole home generator. We can help you find the right unit and integrate it into your power supply for added peace of mind.
Why Work With a Licensed 24-Hour Electrician?
Unlike the HVAC and plumbing system in your home, an electrical failure could leave your entire home susceptible to damage. In many cases, this can be caused by an outdated or damaged electrical panel. In other instances, a large storm or surge could have knocked out your power. When your home is getting no power at all, it’s important to call our professionals for help.
We take the time to inspect all your wiring and the electrical panel to find the source of the issue. While some situations are easy to repair, others require a complete system overhaul, which is never a top choice for homeowners.
24-Hour Plumber in Orlando, FL
When a pipe bursts, toilet clogs, or a water heater leaks, you need professional plumbing services fast! Every minute counts when these occur to limit the amount of damage to your home. Call Solaris Electric & Plumbing for 24-hour emergency services in Orlando, FL. As a family-owned company, we guarantee 100% satisfaction with our work every time you hire us!
Is your aging water heater starting to show signs of wear and tear, like rusty water and corrosion on the tank? It can be time to replace it! Call us to learn about our water heater services.
How To Prevent Clogged Toilets
Did you know clogged toilets can be more than an inconvenience? They can also turn into a plumbing emergency if they are not repaired quickly and accurately. Backed-up toilets can cause water damage if they overflow and can lead to health risks if sewage leaks on the floor. To prevent these issues, follow these tips:
- Don’t flush disposable diapers or wipes.
- Don’t dispose of large wads of toilet paper into the bowl.
- Don’t flush paper towels down the toilet.
- Avoid flushing beauty products like Q-tips and other hygienic products.
- Don’t flush hair trimmings or nail clippings.
To avoid flushing the wrong items, keep a wastebasket near the toilet for easy disposal.
Why You Should Replace Your Water Heater
As one of your larger, more expensive household appliances, you might be trying to hang onto your existing water heater for as long as possible. We understand. However, there are some signs that shouldn’t be ignored that can indicate it’s time to install a new unit. These can include:
- Age: If your unit is nearing the end of its life expectancy.
- Losing efficiency: If your unit is no longer properly heating water, or using more energy to do it.
- Rust and corrosion: If you notice rust in your water or corrosion on the tank.
- Leaking: If your unit is starting to leak.
- Water is not warm enough: If your unit is no longer producing hot water.
- Unable to drain water through the drain valve: If this occurs, it can be time to replace it.
- Cracks: If there are cracks in the system they should be inspected by a professional to determine if they can be repaired or if the unit needs to be replaced.
Signs You Need Professional Drain Cleaning Services
Is your shower starting to drain more and more slowly? This can be a sign that you need your drains professionally cleaned. Other symptoms to watch for that can indicate you need to schedule an appointment with a plumber can include:
- Slow drains: Slow drains can indicate many different issues, including a clog, narrowed pipes, or even improper grading of your system.
- Recurring clogs: Frequent clogs can signal you’re not completely removing a blockage when trying to remove it yourself. This can mean it’s time to call a professional.
- Multiple drains that are clogged at one time: This could indicate a severe blockage deep within your main line and should be inspected by an expert.
- Foul odor: This can signal a minor issue, like food trapped in your drain, or a larger issue like a problem with your sewer line.
- Flooding: A sewage backup can be one of the worst problems associated with a clogged drain. If you notice flooding in your basement and/or near a floor drain, it can indicate your drain might soon stop working completely – leaving contaminated water all over your floor.