Is your energy bill increasing as your water heater works overtime to provide hot water to your household? Do you have to stagger showers to ensure you don’t run out of hot water? These issues can be avoided with a tankless water heater. Call Solaris Electric & Plumbing to learn more about these units or to schedule repair and installation services in the Orlando, FL area. A family-owned company since 2008, we provide upfront pricing so you know exactly what to expect on your bill!
Is a traditional water heater a better fit for your household? Contact us to learn about our water heater services.
Advantages of Tankless Water Heaters
Installing a tankless water heater instead of a traditional unit can have many benefits. Some of the advantages on-demand water heaters provide can include:
- They save you money by using less energy and only heating the exact amount of water that’s needed.
- They require less maintenance than traditional units.
- They pose less risk of contaminated water since it isn’t stored in a tank.
- They take up less space than traditional models since a tank doesn’t need to be installed.
Life Expectancy of Tankless Units
Just like a traditional water heater, eventually, a tankless system will need to be replaced. However, these units can last typically between 10 to 20 years, or longer, depending on the make and model. The timeline can also vary based on how well the system is maintained, how often it is used, and the quality of the water in your home. If you’re not sure how much longer your system has before it needs to be replaced, call Solaris Electric & Plumbing and have our experts inspect your unit.
Whether it’s a burst pipe or a clogged toilet, you need to act fast during a plumbing emergency. Contact us for 24-hour emergency services!
Common Issues With on-Demand Water Heaters
There are many advantages to tankless water heaters, but like every system, there are also potential issues you should be aware of. Some common problems you might experience are:
- Problems during installation: During installation, extensive piping, proper venting, and electrical expertise are required. To avoid problems – and potential issues to the piping system – only let experienced professionals install the system.
- Buildup: Corrosion and mineral buildup may occur if the unit is not flushed every six months. To avoid this, scheduling regular tune-ups with a plumber.
- Overload: Product overload can occur if the right-sized unit was not purchased for the home.