In terms of everyday safety, GFCI outlets and switches are two of the most important features you can have in your Orlando home, helping to protect you from electrocution in the event of a current imbalance, and are actually required to be present in any areas of your home that are going to be near or exposed to water on a regular basis by electrical codes.
If your home is a bit older or has just never been equipped with these essential safety features, give the reliable electricians here at Solaris Electric & Plumbing a call today and let us provide you with the ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) installation services you need to protect your home. Are you looking for a professional Orlando electrician who can help you with your GFCI outlet installation needs? If so, give our team of skilled professionals a call today and let us show you the kind of quality results that have helped make us one of the most trusted names in quality electrical services the area has to offer.
Upgrade your home’s electrical panel to meet the demand of your home. We can help!
Expert GFCI Outlet Installation
At Solaris Electric & Plumbing, we take the safety of our clients very seriously, and if you haven’t had your home’s electrical system updated anytime within the past 15 to 20 years, there’s a solid chance your home is going to require GFCI outlet installation.
In addition to our GFCI outlet installation services, we also offer a wide range of additional electrical work to cover any of your other service needs, whether you’re in need of minor electrical repairs or something more in-depth, like whole-home rewiring. If you have any questions about GFCI outlet installation or any of our other services, give us a call today. Our team of experts is always standing by and would be happy to assist you in any way we can.
Benefits Of GFCI Switches
- Shock Prevention: With built-in sensors that will block any dangerous flow of electricity to a grounded object or person, GFCI outlets and switches can protect you from electrical shock, which could easily result in serious injury or even death.
- Fire Prevention: Ground faults are what cause electrical fires, and GFCI outlets and switches are a great way to prevent them. GFCI outlets and switches are one of the most basic fire prevention tools you can have installed in your home.
- Appliance Damage Prevention: Refrigerators or washers and dryers can be damaged very easily and permanently by ground faults, but GFCI outlets and switches can help you prevent that damage and protect your investment.
Protect Your Devices and Yourself with a GFCI Breaker
Few things are as sudden and as destructive as a sudden surge of electricity. In the blink of an eye, you can suddenly find yourself stuck with a fried device that no amount of tinkering will bring back. Worse still, if you’re at the exact wrong place at the exact wrong time, you can find yourself the victim of an electric shock — or, worse, electrocution.
While you can’t prevent surges from happening, you can take precautionary measures to keep yourself and your devices protected. This measure is outfitting your outlets with a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) breaker. This add-on will shut off the flow of electricity before a surge can cause irreparable damage. Call us today if you’re looking to add GFCI breakers to your home.
Need help with constantly tripping breakers? Call our team now for breaker services!
Repairing & Replacing Your Outlets
It’s easy to forget the importance of your outlets because you’re always counting on them to work. However, like with any other electrical component in your home, you will eventually experience some issues. Here are some common things we handle:
- Repairing or replacing damaged outlets: If your outlets are outdated, you’ll want to upgrade to new outlets with added safety features. Other signs of trouble include visible damage, signs of burning/melting, strange smells, sparking, loose plugs, or an outlet that just doesn’t work.
- Upgrading to GFCI/AFCI receptacles: These types of outlets have impressive added safety features that prevent accidental electrocution or electrical fire. These have become the gold standard in outlets and are required by many electrical codes. We install them in areas with high access to moisture or currents.
- USB wall outlets: One popular modern option homeowners are opting for is a USB wall outlet. You’ll enjoy super convenient charging of your smartphones, tablets, and other devices without having to use any additional charges.