Problems with your water line can cause serious damage to your house and property. The longer these issues go unrepaired, the more costly repairs you will need to make. To limit the damage, call Solaris Electric & Plumbing to schedule repair and replacement services at your Orlando, FL home or building as soon as possible. A family-owned company, we provide upfront pricing so there are no surprises on your bill later!
Don’t just guess where the problem is in your kitchen! Contact us to schedule faucet, sink, or garbage disposal services.
Common Water Main Issues
Don’t let issues with your main water line go unrepaired. The longer the problem exists, the more damage it will cause to your house and property. Call for professional services at the first signs of a problem. Some symptoms to watch out for include:
- Holes or cracks: External corrosion from soil or frost can cause holes or cracks to form.
- Pressure: Pressure can cause lines to break, resulting in water flowing out of the pipes and to the surface – including on the street, your lawn, or even the basement of your home. Unfortunately, this can lead to contaminated water in your house, so you must stop using water to be safe.
- Leaky water valve: Leaky valves can be common issues. Contact a professional to repair or replace the valve if you suspect you have a problem.
How To Detect a Leak
Early detection is key when you have a leak in your main water line. Some signs that can indicate you have a problem include:
- Mold or mildew on the walls or floor.
- Wet spots on the floors or walls.
- Grass that is lusher than usual. This can indicate a leak that’s providing extra fertilizer to your lawn.
- Running water meter even when the fixtures are turned off.
If you notice any of these signs, call Solaris Electric & Plumbing to have our experts inspect the problem.
Do you suspect there’s a water leak at your house but you’re not sure where? Contact us to schedule water leak detection services.
Water Main Repair and Replacement Tips
When having your main water line repaired or replaced, it’s important to be prepared. Follow these steps to ensure work is done correctly and safely:
- Call a professional: If you suspect you have an issue, you should call an expert to repair the issue.
- Know the signs for a full replacement: It can be difficult to determine if you need to replace your system. Some signs that can indicate you need a new system installed can be the age of your home and if you’ve had frequent plumbing issues.
- Know your options: Trenchless options can allow you to replace your line without having to dig up your entire yard.
- Be safe: Call 8-1-1 before any work is done on your water line to ensure there are no dangers near the pipes or electrical or gas lines.