When a plumbing issue occurs at your house, you need to act quickly and schedule repairs with a professional. Whether you need a new water heater installed or a clogged drain repaired, the experts at Solaris Electric & Plumbing can get the job done. A family-owned business since 2008, we guarantee 100% satisfaction with every job we do! We provide 24-hour plumbing services to the Casselberry, FL area.
We offer complete plumbing services to the Casselberry, FL area, including:
- 24-hour emergency services
- Clogged toilet repair services
- Burst pipe repair services
- Water leak detection services
- Water heater services
- Tankless water heater services
- Sump pump services
Curious why your Casselberry neighbors call us when they need plumbing repairs? Read our testimonials to find out!
Possible Causes of Burst Pipes
A burst pipe can quickly turn into a major plumbing emergency at your home or building. To prevent this from occurring, it’s important to be aware of the possible causes of burst pipes so you can take the proper precautions:
- Freezing temperatures: Low temperatures can cause the water inside pipes to freeze and then expand, breaking the pipe.
- Major clogs: A severe blockage can cause water pressure to build-up.
- Aging pipes: Over the years pipes will corrode, crack, and then potentially burst.
- Tree roots: Nearby tree roots can infiltrate your pipes and cause damage.
- Shift: A shift in the earth can cause pipes to break.
- Construction: A major construction project could have a tendency to damage pipes if it’s done too close to the system.
Signs You Should Replace Your Water Heater
Are you questioning whether your current water heater will hang for a little longer or if it’s time to replace the unit? Some signs that can indicate it’s time to install a new system can include:
- Age: If your unit is nearing the end of its lifespan.
- Losing efficiency: If your unit is no longer properly heating your water, or is using too much energy to function.
- Rust and corrosion: If you can see signs of rust and corrosion on the tank.
- Leaking: If there are leaks in your unit, have a plumber determine if they can be repaired or if the unit needs to be replaced.
- Water is rust-colored: If your drinking water has a rusty tint, it can be time to replace the unit.
- Water is not warm enough: If your unit is unable to produce hot water.
- Unable to drain water through the drain valve: If this happens, have a professional inspect the unit and determine if it can be repaired or if it needs to be replaced.
- Cracks: If your unit has cracks in it, have an expert inspect them, and determine if the system can be repaired or if it should be replaced.
Are you waiting for your finances to improve before scheduling plumbing repairs? Don’t wait! Ask us about our financing options.
Symptoms That Indicate You Need Professional Drain Cleaning Services
Are you trying to decide if you can remove the clog in your drain on your own or if you need professional services? If you notice the following signs you should schedule a plumber to clean your drains:
- Slow drains: If your drains are starting to slow, it can be due to a clog, narrowed pipes, or a larger issue that should be inspected by a professional.
- Recurring clogs: If you removed a blockage from your drain, and then the drain started to slow down again soon after, it can signal you didn’t remove the entire clog and it’s time to hire a professional.
- Multiple drains that are clogged at one time: If you have several drains clogged at the same time it can indicate a severe blockage deep within your main line that needs to be addressed by a plumber.
- Foul odor: Bad odors coming from your drains can signal food trapped in your drain, or a more serious issue, like a blockage in your sewer line.
- Flooding: One of the worst problems associated with clogged drains is a sewage backup. If there is flooding in your basement or near a floor drain, you should seek professional services quickly as it could indicate a blockage. If the drain stops working completely you could end up with contaminated water all over your floor.